Hex, Love, and Rock & Roll
by Kat Turner
Series: Coven Daughters #1
Category: Paranormal Romance
Published by City Owl Press on September 15, 2020
Buy this book on: Amazon
Add this book on: Goodreads
About this book
With a business skidding toward bankruptcy and bone-dry bank account, Helen Schrader is willing to do the unthinkable. But what will happen when she hires a witch to cast a money spell?
When the spell sets in motion her own latent magic and her inexperience causes her to accidentally hex her celebrity crush, rocker Brian Shepherd, all that good fortune she hoped for flies out of the window.
Now, Helen and Brian struggle to break the curse and tackle their growing feelings for each other. Problem is, the harder they fall for each other, the deadlier the curse becomes.
But as a dark magic cult with an unquenchable thirst for power closes in on them, the couple will have to face more than just their inconvenient desire. With time running out and danger mounting, can they beat the hex before Brian becomes its next victim?
Check out also:
- September 14 Ilovebooksandstuffblog (excerpt), Rosanna Leo (excerpt)
- September 15 Yami’s Bookshelf (review and giveaway), Wickedly Sweet & Synful Book Blog (review), diary of a wananbe writer (review), Delish, Devine and All Mine (excerpt), Enamored with Books (review), The Novel: UnHoly Pursuit: Devil on my Trail (cover and blurb)
- September 16 HeyitsCarlyRae (review & Q&A session), Janet Walden-West (excerpt & giveaway)
- September 17 One Book More (review)
- September 18 BOOKS TO CURL UP WITH (review & excerpt)
- September 19 PowerLibrarian (review) VK Tritschler, (Q&A)
- September 20 Bookbugworld (review & giveaway)
- September 23 The Smut Report (review)
The sight of a certain someone in the third row made his heart skip. Amidst the legion, Helen drew his stare. She hadn’t hidden her face behind a cell phone, one of maybe five people in the front rows unobscured by a rectangular object and the ice-white flashes from its cyborg eye. An intriguing glimpse into her personality, how she’d chosen to appreciate the show unmediated.
What a face she had, inquisitive eyes the color of a fine bourbon and smooth skin undamaged by tanning. Her thick, tousled hair and sexy body also pleased his gaze, but qualities more profound than her physical features compelled him.
Qualities more profound, even, than her intelligence and affinity for the exact sort of repartee and banter that kept his mind limber inspired his interest in her. Her personality traits, though, were a definite bonus. Fun, witty people fired him up and made him laugh.
Her assessment of “A Thousand Suns” laid him flat, but he’d managed not to lose his cool and blather this to her like some infatuated fool.
About Kat Turner
Kat writes sexy stories with a modern edge in both contemporary romance and the award-winning Coven Daughters paranormal romance series.
When not reading or writing, Kat works for a university, teaches yoga, and lives the mom life. She has two pet rats and too many plants, guards her gym time with her life, and is quite adept at picking up objects with her toes.
HEX, LOVE AND ROCK & ROLL won first place in the Fool for Love contest in the Paranormal Romance category and is one of Publishers Weekly’s picks for their 2020 Big Fall Lineup.