The biggest benefit of using Instagram for authors is that it offers greater opportunities to grow your following. Because Instagram’s users are so active, if you consistently post quality content (more about that later), people are more likely to read it and engage with you than on other social media sites.
Here are a few strategies you can use to grow your following:
- Follow bloggers who review books: If you do, it will increase the chances of your book getting reviewed.
- Use the right hashtags: Make sure you’re using the right hashtags so readers can find your work>
- Connect with people who follow authors in your genre: Rather than connecting with other authors, look at their list of followers to find engaged readers and reviewers.
- Comment on readers who leave a comment. Don’t leave them hanging 🙂
- Post fun quizzes or games. Find out what your readers like best.
- Post reviews or quotes from your books
Connect with your readers in a fun way an use the following hastags
- #BookGiveaway (daily use, mixture of authors running giveaways, and fans saying thanks)
- #FollowFriday (spikes in popularity on Fridays, suggesting new people to follow)
- #Novelines (to quote your own work)
- #BookQuotes (to quote your own work)
- #CoverLove (spread the love of your cover)
- #CoverRelease (spread the love of your new release cover design)